Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Transparency

Hey theree...
hm...Hope you won't mind if I blog a little prayer request....
I hope that you can pray for transparency in the fellowship...I would say that is the one thing that most of us struggle with. I don't see a true family fellowship without being transparent with each other...without sharing deep meaningful struggles or praises together...if we can't be transparent with each other, then I think that just makes us a bunch of superficial brothers and sisters that don't truly care for each other. Bryan's told us over and over to be transparent with each other...and we still haven't reached that deep of a level yet...it's kind of sad really..and I know some people prefer to just share with one or two people, but isn't that still favoritism? We should be able to be transparent with anyone. Esp with people in the fellowship....correct me if I am wrong?

2 comments:

  1. hi steph! thanks for posting your prayer request here :]. its good to know what i could pray for the peoples from home for, while i'm at SD. as far as transparency, i kind of want to just bring out that i think each person has a certain 'comfort level' that maybe not everybody has reached past yet. for people like you and me, its a little easier to step past it (or just to take the step in faith). but for the others, it might (actually will) take patience i guess.. and maybe for some people, to get them to be open with a large group, it might take being open with simply one person. anyways, i'll pray for you guys at home. take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you mean Steph. I too wish that our fellowship was more transparent with one another. A lot of times i feel like I attempt to be transparent with certain people, but they end up not supporting me in the way I hoped for. I honestly feel like there are only a few people in our fellowship that I know I can be transparent with and in return they reciprocate the same transparency or support i want . It sometimes feel like i can't be transparent because i know that certain people can't handle that kind of transparency. That is why sometimes it looks like it is favoritism. I admit that even my own transparency has a certain level. There was even a time when I felt not talking to people about my problems anymore because I felt like I was the only one with the problems in the conversation. I am glad that you brought up this issue Steph....I will continue praying for our family.

    ReplyDelete